A Sprocket Rocket membership is for any rider under the age of 8 and is a participation-based program. Its focus is on skill-based learning and allows children under the age of 8 the opportunity to tune their BMX racing skills in a fun non-competitive environment. This membership is valid for 4 or 12 months (from joining date).
- Click here for a 4 month membership
- Click here for 12 month membership
This membership includes:
Opportunity to participate at club, zone, state and national events.
A Sprocket Rocket can revert to the Mini Wheeler class at events and ride a balance bike at any time.
**On the January 1 of the calendar year that a sprocket rocket rider will be turning 8-years-old they will automatically be upgraded to an 'OPEN' membership at NO COST (i.e. Sam Smith is 7-years-old on Jan 1, 2019 and turns 8-years-old in 2019. His licence is due for renewal on March 31, 2019. On January 1, 2019 Sam will be upgraded to an open licence for free until membership fees are due on March 31 of that year. At that point, Sam's parents will be able to renew the open licence.)**
- You can ride any 20 inch or 24 inch (cruiser) BMX bike.
- It is a requirement that any mudguards, chain guards, kick-stand, pegs and reflectors be removed for the safety of yourself and other riders.
- Ensure that there are no sharp edges on your handlebars (i.e. no torn grips with exposed metal) or pedals, etc.
- You need a rear hand brake that works. An official will be available to check your bike for you and help with any minor adjustments.
WHAT TO WEAR
- LONG PANTS or track pants that are fitted at the ankle are acceptable to race in.
- LONG SLEEVE TOP or RACE JERSEY that is fitted at the wrist.
- Any type of GLOVES that have complete hand and finger protection.
- A full face HELMET that covers the ears. Some clubs have a spare that you can borrow.
- You must wear fully enclosed SHOES to protect your feet.